kbartlez

Odd bug importing models

I'm not sure if this is an Apple Finder issue or an EI one. But when I go to import a model, none of the files are selectable under the variety of file type choices (FACT, OBJ, etc). That is, unless I select "All Files." So no issues actually importing models, just that one extra step I always have to do to select "All Files" gets a little tiresome. But seeing as how I don't see anyone else here mentioning it, I'm wondering if it's an issue with only my setup.

EIAS 8.0.0 running on MacOS 10.6.8

Thank you!

Thanks. Yeah, I thought it might just be an odd quirk. I've repaired permissions (often) but it never affects this. Perhaps if I associate (again) the .FAC filetype with EI.

I've discovered the source of this problem. Seems like it only happens with the FAC models I export from VIACAD 7 Pro. Since the file extension and associations are correct, I'm assuming that there must be something in the FAC file header that EI doesn't recognize. Switched to "ALL" it opens just fine. I discovered this resolution because FAC files that come from other sources (samples, tutorials) are available to open.

I can import the model just fine. It's just that when the default file type of "FACT" is set, all FACT files exported from VIACAD are grayed out. So I have to set to "All Files" to be able to select it. More of an annoyance than anything.

I tried with EIAS V8 and Snow Leopard and I have the same result. The Fact file coming from ViaCAD is greyed out until I check "All files"

I don't recall having that from ViaCAD V6. Any way, no big deal, just an annoyance... It opens correctly in V9.