Sign in to follow this  
Tomas Egger

EIAS v10 current development!

Ola my friends!
When we released EIAS 9.0 / 9.1, we ran to show we were able to add a good amount of new features and good optimizations.
EIAS 10 is another story, as everybody here knows, the EIAS source code was really old and lacking several features which we always wished and wanted to be built in.
Why this delay in the release? 
Lets imagine one of the many examples in our current process:
Apple killed QuickTime development on Windows platform, so, we need to find another library for replacement on both platforms Mac / Pc, remove QuickTime entirely from Animator, Camera, Renderama.. implement the new library with the new OSX / Win codecs limitations and so on, so, v10 was huge cascade of changes, we do one change, it solve a feature, but breaks several connected features, EIAS v10 is our first, biggest effort to let Electricimage fresh and powerful on the modern operational systems.
Took a lot more time than we wanted, but we love EIAS development and we are really proud of it.
Thanks for the patience!
EIAS3D team

Hey Tomas, I noticed this over at Apple after the new Mac Pro announcement, and I'm wondering if you guys have a similar reaction (ie: planning to support Metal at some point, with OpenGL and such eventually going away).

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/06/pro-app-developers-react-to-the-new-mac-pro-and-pro-display-xdr/