S. Houtzager

Build that city, Cyberpunk kit for free

Wow!

This is a great ressource. Is there any format of those kits that would bring the models with textures in Animator?

Maher

I bought yesterday the kitbash3D SF prop kit called «Greebles». For only $45, it's an incredible value.

If one of you ever go for it, be aware that I have created independent EIAS animator files for each objects after working tediously to recreate correctly (as best as I could) all the textures and materials. The only non native plug-in used is MForge. There is a lot less textures in that kit then in the CyberPunk mini kit so it was a fairly straightforward process.

I'm doing now the same EIAS importation for the free CyberPunk minikit. Doest anyone know what is the equivalent in Animator for a roughness texture file?

Thanks,

Maher

• Like 1

To me roughness is closest to EI's specular settings, but not exact. I have seen roughness more lately and they drop specularity. Roughness is more physically correct.

What do you use MForge for?  Like to see what it does.

Ola Maher and Steve!

Good to know, we changed the material system on v10 allowing more options in the data transfer from other apps.. I will explain later after the release.

Thanks
Tom

Hello Steve,

you make me realize that I didn't need MForge! I totally forgot the native Anisotropic shader...

In the KitBash textures folder you have roughness and shininess maps. I understand that shininess correspond to specular channel in Animator but roughness/glossiness doesn't have équivalent channel in EIAS. May be it could be placed as a reflection map since an object with a rough surface won't reflect directly like a mirror but would rather scatter the light in all direction.

Tomas, thank for the clarification for the new way to handle material in v10. I think that I will postpone all my kit bash translation until the release of v10.

Maher

Greeble_R.jpg