EIAS 9 Overview
The Electric Image Animation System (EIAS) is an eminent 3D animation and rendering package available for the Mac and PC. You can texture and animate with ease and render your 3D scenes with amazing speed and quality. EIAS includes the ability to network render to an unlimited number of computers across both platforms at no additional cost. EIAS presents advanced 'buzz-word' features in an easy to use, no-nonsense interface.
The latest version of our flagship software includes several unique features, several peerless features and plenty of useful treats to compliment them. EIAS v9 Animator Feature List, EIAS v9 Camera Feature List and EIAS v9.1 Feature List and bug fixes. We've overhauled the entire EIAS to give you access to industry-leading tools that will not only allow you to create truly stunning images quickly and easily.
EIAS is extensively used by professional studios all over the globe to create world-class animation for countless productions. It is ideal for all animation: from complex VFX shots to Architectural Fly-throughs.
- Virtually every attribute can be animated in EIAS.
- EIAS can import animation from other applications via the FBX, OBM and BVH formats.
- EIAS can import motion tracking data from SynthEyes, PFTrack, Boujou and MatchMover.
- Function Curves provide a precise way to animate objects naturally.
- Bullet rigid body dynamics.
- Straight-forward character animation.
- Inverse kinematics.
- Animatable deforms including: buldge, twist, bend, runwave, taper, bezier and many more.
- Morph editor.
- Full set of constraints including: Auto Bank, Aim, Geometry, Pole Vector, Auto Look and more.
- Blisteringly fast "Phong" rendering and raytracer.
- Intuitive, high-quality motion-blurring abilities.
- Buffer Shadows, Ray Traced shadows, both soft and razor sharp.
- Monte-Carlo Global Illumination.
- Image-based lighting.
- HDRI and EXR input support throughout the application.
- Area Lights and Light Objects.
- Photon Mapping.
- Fast blurry reflections/refractions.
- Fast and accurate Caustics.
- Ray-Traced Volume Transparency.
- Ray-Traced Shadow Transmission (otherwise known as Subsurface Scattering).
- Light graphs, providing an easy way to light complex scenes.
- Render to layered PSD files, compatible with both Photoshop and After Effects.
- Render to RPF files, compatible with After Effects and Combustion.
- Unlimited nodes for network rendering making EIAS, one of the best-valued high-end 3D applications.
- Shaders, EIAS comes packed with dozens of procedural shaders for many effects, from scratches and home-made noise patterns to camouflage and wood.
Ease of use
EIAS is very easy to pick up and use. Everything you need is in plain view, nothing is buried in sub-menus of sub-menus. Windows and palettes are not cluttered, and, the veritable cornucopia of settings that 3D brings are structured into a tabbed interface making everything available in bite-size form. With EIAS, you don't need to deal with never-ending lists of esoteric options,. You also don't have to tackle a ridged all-in-one window and can move any window you want, wherever you want.
- Tabbed interface that breaks advanced controls down into easily understood categories.
- Floating palettes that can be moved where you want and automatically remember that position on a project-by-project basis.
- Contextual menus provide fast context-sensitive access to most dialogues and commands.
- Project management tools that allow you maintain even the most complex projects in a simple, color co-ordinated hierarchy.
- Every major tool in EIAS has an obvious icon attached to it in a tool palette to help you get going.
- For quick access, keyboard shortcuts abound to give you instant access to dozens of tools.
Who uses EIAS?
EIAS is a designer-friendly application. Its interface was specifically designed for artists. This makes it very accessible to artists, architects, and designers.
EIAS is ideally suited to this discipline. EIAS is used extensively to create 'MoGraph' for TV adverts, film titles, channel idents and many other Motion Graphic applications.
Advanced lighting tools, plus the fact that EIAS can render millions upon millions of polygons at enormously high resolution, makes Architectural Visualization on of the main applications for EIAS. Fly-through animations take no time and hi-resolution stills can be rendered out to look 'razor sharp'.
Product, Industrial and Engineering Visualisation
Known for it's clean, sharp rendering, EIAS excels in this kind of work.
Print and environment rendering
Photographers, graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, you name it, they use EIAS for everything from set dressing and rendering to back-plates and entire compositions
3D Matte painting and VFX
This is what EIAS was born for. With its advanced Camera Mapping, motion tracking abilities, and super-fast rendering, it's no wonder EIAS is used in TV and Film production all over the world.
There are 2 options for bringing models into EIAS for animation and rendering.
EIAS imports 3D data in the following file formats:
- LWO and LWO2
The following modelling packages export to .fac - the native EIAS model format.
- Zaxwerks ProAnimator
Native conversion to/from the EIAS FACT file format, for all main 3D CAD, MCAD, VisSim and AEC programs, is available via Okino's PolyTrans|CAD+DCC conversion system. Links to their FACT converter documentation pages: import and export
Training and Tutorials
There are many hours of video tutorials available for EIAS. This web site has hours of free training videos.
Here is a collection is EIAS 9 video tutorials and feature introductions to get you going with EIAS 9.
On this page you will find a quick-start guide to EIAS along with many other EIAS video tutorials, dozens of PDF tutorials and demo projects to download.
EIAS3D's software has been used in many films and television shows including but not limited to:
Piranha 3D, Alien Trespass, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Daddy Day Care, K-19: The Widowmaker, Gangs of New York, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Men In Black II, The Bourne Identity, Behind Enemy Lines, Time Machine, Ticker, JAG - Pilot Episode, Spawn, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, Galaxy Quest, Mission to Mars, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace, Titan A.E., U-571, Dinosaur, Terminator 2: Judgement Day - DVD Intro, Jungle Book 2, American President, Sleepers, Star Wars Special Edition, Empire Strikes Back Special Edition, Return of Jedi Special Edition, Bicentennial Man, Vertical Limit, Elf, Blade Trinity, and Lost In Space.
Revolution, Breaking Bad, Alcatraz, Pan AM, The whole Truth, Lost, Flash Forward, Fringe, Surface, Weeds, Pushing Daisies, The X-Files, Alias, Smallville, Star Trek:Next Generation, Babylon 5, Young Indiana Jones, Star Trek Voayager, Mists of Avalon, Star Trek Enterprise.
Macintosh: OS 10.6.X or newer, Intel processor, 1GB RAM, 32-bit 3D Graphics card with at least 256MB of memory, USB Port
Windows: Win 7 64 bits, 1GHz or faster processor, 1GB of RAM, 32-bit 3D Graphics card with at least 256MB of memory, USB Port
Newest Gallery Additions